Friday, November 11, 2011

2nd Visit to Occupational Therapist

This morning Sherry visited her therapist at 7:00 a.m. Dianne exclaimed when Sherry walked in that she looked like a totally different person than the one who visited two days ago.

The swelling in Sherry's hand has greatly diminished, and she's showing excellent ability to rotate her wrist (forearm). She's making a better fist than two days ago. And she's improved in her ability to bend her elbow.

Sherry continues to do the same exercises at home, and is determined to make the most of these therapy sessions. She's a good patient, if I do say so myself.

Thanks again to all who offer well-wishes, prayers, notes, emails, and support.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy checking into your blog and seeing Sherry's progress. It is a shining light in my day. Hang in there Sherry. Several years ago, I messed up my rotator cuff (didn't want to do an MRI for a more thorough diagnosis--not sure if that was smart or not)and went through weeks of therapy. Cried through some of it, even at home. It's not easy, I know. Praying for your continued recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I went through the rotator cuff therapy bit myself, and I'm a firm believer in PT. It works! My family doctor was even surprised at how well it worked. Thanks for your support. She's been through a really horrible trauma. Hard to believe how bad one fall from a bicycle can be.

    ReplyDelete