Friday, November 4, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait at Methodist Hospital

We checked Sherry in at Methodist Neurosensory Surgical Center as ordered at 8:45 this morning. At about 12:30 pm., Dr. Soparkar came to tell us that Dr. Alford had taken ill and could not operate. They put in a call to another ENT who agreed to do the operation, but he can't work her in until "the end of the day."

In the meantime, Dr. Soparkar gave instructions to keep her as pain free as possible as she waits. So, she's hooked to an IV; lying in pre-op; drifting in and out; and waiting.

That's where we stand for now.

[They succeeded in contacting Dr. Terry Taylor who's agreed to do the part Dr. Alford had planned to do. Dr. Taylor is not an ENT, but is an oral surgeon who specializes in maxillofacial surgery.]

2 comments:

  1. I've been sending Sherry prayers non-stop esp the last 2 days anticipating this surgery. Randy, you are the best care taker Sherry could have. This is a little stressful, but I know all will go well and that you will be OK passing the time. Can you step out for crossword or suduko puzzles - reading together - how about post card paper and colored pencils! please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia: She's sleeping, and I'm in the waiting room reading news on the internet, and checking my emails. I should be working, but I don't feel like it. I'll post when I know something new. Thanks for the prayers. It means a lot to us both.

    ReplyDelete